The B&G Parken ground

EIK has played at the Idrettsparken Ground since 1924, after it was first purchased by the local council to use as a playground in 1913. The ground is situated on a flat area below Varberg Hill, about fifteen minutes walk uphill from the town centre. From 2024 the official name is B&G Parken, after the stadium's sponsors Bertelsen & Garpestad


The original gravel pitch was angled 90 degrees compared to today’s pitch, and was considered too small for cup ties. But the club bought land from the nearby vicarage and turned the pitch in 1933. At the same they installed a running track around it. Grass finally came in 1939, and just after the war the adjacent practice pitch was laid out.

The oldest part of the club house was built in the 1950s, and much enlarged in the early 1980s. Up until 2005 there was only hard standing around the pitch, with a grass bank alongside the club house side acting as a «main stand». Following promotion to level 3 the club built a concrete main stand with 300 seats and standing room for 1000 on the club house side of the pitch. This stand was fully covered in 2011, and a couple of years later new tip up seats were installed, increasing the seating capasity to around 650.

The ground’s record attendance is 2.200 for a friendly against Viking Stavanger in 1947. In this century, the biggest attendance was 1.800, also against Viking Stavanger in a Norwegian FA Cup tie in 2007. After our last promotion to level three in 2011, our average home league crowd has been around the 500 mark.

Following a huge increase in activity over the last ten years, the practice pitch got artificial surface and floodlights in 2009, while in 2013 the Bakkebø pitch, 2 miles away, also got astro turf to enable us to use it all year round for training.

Following promotion to level two in 2023, ground regulations limits the capasity to around 1200, with space for 125 seated spectators in a new temporary away end.

Annonse fra Obos-ligaen: